Simple Chicken and Longanisa Noodle Soup
Noodle soup is always a comfort food and we are pretty sure that everyone can relate. This simple chicken and longganisa noodle soup is a delicious one that you and your loved ones can enjoy.
320g Pinoy Kitchen Sweet Pork Longanisa
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup shredded chicken
3 green onions finely sliced into rounds
1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon low sodium Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon low sodium dark Soy Sauce (this can be held until the end and added if needed by taste).
4 oz Dried Chinese noodles (or any noodles of your choice)
1 boiled egg for garnish
How to Prepare
- Heat up a pan on medium to high heat.
- Put the sweet pork longanisa in the pan with 1⁄2 cup of water.
- Let it simmer for about 6-7 minutes until the water has completely evaporated. Make sure to stir occasionally. Add the vegetable oil and cook the longanisa for about 3-4 minutes on high heat or until you see some charred consistency. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the green onions,, soy sauces, oyster sauce & the noodles.
- Reduce the heat and cook according to noodle package instructions (just until tender).
- Add the cooked longanisa and shredded chicken with the noodle soup.
- Garnish with a slice of boiled egg and green onions.